Filming Blog: The Process

 I was the camera man/ director in this music video. I would rather do the behind-the-scenes because I don't like being on camera. I guess you can say I'm a little camera shy. So we arrived to Akiel's house and went straight to working. The first scene I shot was Akiel's sister talking to Sarah about some problems. That was a pan because I made sure to move the camera with them. The second scene I took was Sarah sneaking to meet Akiel at this house. I made sure to get an angle from behind Sarah to one in front of her. One problem I had was that everyone wasn't dressed up to par for a certain scene. So I had to come up with a whole scene because that one was really important. (10) I also wanted a bedroom scene but we were too scared to go into Akiel's house. He had a dog and we were terrified of it. So we also had to do something else for that. The next scene I filmed was Akiel's sister catching Akiel and Sarah in the car together. After that I filmed the part where you can see Akiel and Sarah sneaking glances and kisses at each other. They were holding hands also. Then the last scene I filmed was Akiel's sister singing. For some reason this was the hardest one because she couldn't stop laughing. There were so many takes it didn't make sense. For something that was supposed to take 1 minute, it took 10. It all came out good in the end though.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Research: Brotherly Love

Production Blog: Final Task

Title Research: Fried Green Potatoes