CCR for Music Video

 

1.      How does your product use or challenge conventions AND how does it represent social groups or issues? My genre challenges convention because it didn’t do the norm. Like some aspect were the norm and some weren’t. R&B could be different in many ways. Some of them have sad songs and some of them have happy. Sometimes they are singing in the rain, dancing, and it’s usually a dark mood so you can feel their hurt and see they are sad. Sometimes it’s one of those happy songs and the sun is shining all bright and they are in a good mood. The clothing is mostly casual. Though most of the times they switch it up throughout the video with different outfits. The girls usually wear dressy outfits, some would say “sexy” and the men would probably use baggy clothes that would help them dance better. Sometimes they would be in designer outfits, stuff that makes them look “fresh”. We did it different because the people in my video they wore casual clothes. Nothing too fancy.  One thing we did do like them was the changing of the outfits.  We also used natural lighting from the sun, it was in the afternoon. We didn’t do no dancing of any sort. We acted out the video and tried to show the hurt. It represents social groups because this is what people in relationships go through. So, if someone is singing about how their boyfriend cheated on them, it represents the norm that all men cheat. In our video, the man cheated on his girlfriend with his girlfriend’s best friend. That happens a lot in today’s society as well. Another thing that happened in our video was how the girl went and cursed her boyfriend out instead of the best friend. That shocked me because usually in today’s society, they go after the girl he cheated on her with. So that was good.

2.      2. How does your product engage with audiences AND how would it be distributed as a real media text? It engages with audiences because it pulls their attention. It gets them singing along and sometimes they can relate. People love r&b because it’s mostly love songs and sometimes, they are going through the hurt. I mean it could also be about love and how their partner/loved one makes them feel good, but most of the time it’s hurt. Sometimes the story would be so good in these videos that people would want to go back. Sometimes they’ll miss it. Usually if kids are watching this video, they’ll like the clothes and would get their parents to go out and buy it. If I was to distribute my music video as a real music text, it would go on YouTube. First, I’m going to promote the song on my Instagram give them a little sneak peek. With that they are going to want more. Then I’ll have billboards put around for promotional purposes. I would want people to see it. Then I’ll go to interviews and talk shows to promote. After that I’ll release the music video on YouTube & Apple Music. I’ll have some famous TikTok people to do dances to the song so there could be a wider audience.  They are known for making songs famous so that would be really good for exposure, them dancing in the rain and what not. Then if someone likes the song, they would share it to a friend to watch and the cycle would repeat.

      How did your production skills develop throughout this project? My skills developed because at first, I knew nothing of directing a music video. They were fun to watch but I didn’t know how to actually direct it. I found out it’s to always shoot videos landscape because when you do it normally, they get these black lines on the side that doesn’t look professional.  I also knew what parts of the video to shoot first and which part to save for last. Certain parts needed different angles and movements

4. How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project? I used iMovie to edit. When I was recording, I used 2 phones. While I was editing, I had to use many transitions and when it came to adding the music, there was a handful. Screen recording, voiceovers, background effects, etc. It was really stressful. You need a lot of patience to do something like this.



 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Research: Brotherly Love

Production Blog: Final Task

Title Research: Fried Green Potatoes