Editing Blog: The Process

 This was way harder to edit than the commercial. It took me hours to do this. So I used iMovie again because it's on my phone and that was easier. To edit this project, I decided to insert the clips, then I would go to YouTube and put the song on and record it as a voiceover. So I put the first clip, but then I had problems with the voiceover. The one problem was I couldn't look the song up on the laptop because for some reason it's restricted. So I used my sister's phone. I started the song at 0:53. The part I needed started at 0:53.4 something like that. So that was very tricky. Then I just said I'm not going to do the voiceover yet. I'm going to insert all the clips, and make sure they match along with the song. When we recorded, we recorded a full minute with Akiel's sister singing so I would just be able to insert it. I didn't think because then when it came to editing, I had to keep cutting off clips from that one video. It was so frustrating because I had to remember the EXACT second I left off on. So as I did that, there was this one clip that wasn't getting right. Akiel's sister was singing but her lip-singing didn't match with the song. So as I'm looking for the exact part, I can't find it because she was laughing during those. So I had to add 2 transitions that was 1.5 seconds so it could go along. Then when I finally got it right, my sister had ended up leaving. So I had to screen record the song off of my phone, send it to my Gmail on the computer, and play it through that. I ended up finishing at 1:26 in the morning.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Research: Brotherly Love

Production Blog: Final Task

Title Research: Fried Green Potatoes