Production Blog: Background Music

I can't believe we forgot! We've been stressing so much about filming and scheduling, we forgot about our background music. So in order for us to use a song, we have to message the people who owns the song. We were really lost because how were we supposed to figure out who owns this song? Even if we figured out, how are we supposed to find their information? Then if we do find their information, I'm pretty sure they get hundreds of emails. How are we supposed to make ours stand out? So we have been trying to get in contact with the owner of the song we're trying to use. The song we're trying to use is: Slippin by DMX. At first I was like, maybe we should contact DMX since it is his song. But then I remembered things about the industry. Not every artist own their songs. Some are in bad deals where their label takes everything.  We went to DMX's Instagram page and seen that he has a booking link in his bio. It say for music inquiries but we aren't trying to have him on a song. We just want to use about 30 seconds of his song that's in the background. I'm still going to take the chance and message him though. I hope he understands that it's for a school project, and doesn't try to charge me. If he doesn't believe me, I would have to show him some type of proof. I'll maybe just take a picture of the guidelines for the project. Or of the class. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Research: Brotherly Love

Production Blog: Final Task

Title Research: Fried Green Potatoes